Tuesday, December 30, 2008

French Yule log to come...

For the Daring Bakers challenge this month it is a very daring French Yule log, also refered to as an entremet. I haven't completed this task yet. I'm in the middle and will be posting my results as I finish. I just didn't have time with the holidays to get started until now.
Here is some info:
This month's challenge is brought to us by the adventurous Hilda from Saffron and Blueberry and Marion from Il en Faut Peu Pour Etre Heureux.They have chosen a French Yule Log by Flore from Florilege Gourmand
THE CHALLENGE RULE is that you MUST MAKE ALL 6 of these elements for the log:1) Dacquoise Biscuit2) Mousse3) Ganache Insert4) Praline (Crisp) Insert5) Creme Brulee Insert6) IcingThe assembly will essentially be a Dacquoise Biscuit at the bottom, and the inserts inter-layered with mousse, with an icing finish. That’s about it for rules. Oh yeah, please have fun!

My results are coming. In the meantime... here are some pretty pictures of other daring bakers results:







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome! And of course your yule log looks great as well!! Great job! I really love the photo in the middle with chocolate drizzled around a pool of caramel sauce (I'm just guessing that's what it is...)either way it's beautiful!